Neumann TLM-102 : Extremely compact-looking microphone that unites all the components of the typical design of a Neumann microphone
The reduced size of this microphone contributes to an extremely compact appearance and unites all components of the design typical of a Neumann microphone. The harmonious proportions and gleaming ring of the grille ensure that, even at first glance, the Neumann TLM-102 will draw attention.
The Neumann TLM-102 is impressive in terms of sound: Inside is a newly developed large diaphragm cap (cardioid polar pattern) that supports the maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB. This microphone therefore allows you to record percussion, drums, guitar or bass amplifiers and other very high sound sources.
Instruments that are not especially high also benefit from the very fast response to transients present in the Neumann TLM-102. However, its most important application is in the realm of voice due to a slight gain from 6 kHz, which translates to an excellent presence of voice in the mix. Up to 6 kHz the response frequency is extremely linear, ensuring minimal staining and clearly defined bass. The capsule has a mechanical suspension for the suppression of noise transmitted by the structure. A pop filter integrated into the grate serves to attenuate the impact of plosive consonants during voice recording.
Due to its price and flexible field of application, the Neumann TLM-102 is ideal for recording in home studios as well as for broadcasting, especially when a clear line of sight is required for audio monitors.
The Neumann TLM-102 is available in black and satin nickel; a pipe for attaching the microphone to a pedestal is included.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Working principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz at 1kOhm: 11 mV / Pa
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Load impedance: 1 kOhm
- Equivalent noise: 21 dB
- Equivalent noise (A-Weighted): 12 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (CCIR 468-3, quasi peak), Rel. 94 dB SPL: 73 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (A-Weighted IEC 61672-1, RMS), Rel. 94 dB SPL: 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for Total Harmonic Distortion by 0.5%: 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Power supply (P48, IEC 61938): + 48V Phantom Power (± 4V)
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Connector: XLR-3F
– Black (MT)
– Nickel (NI)
- Weight: 210g
- Microphone diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm
People Who Read This Article Also Read…